FORUM HOME › FLOURISH & BLOTTS › WHAT'S A BOOK YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT THEM

What's a book you're worried about them turning into a TV show or movie?

!Headmaster Danilo · Mar 4, 2026 6:21pm
We all have books that we would probably would love to see made into a TV show or movie, but we're also scared they'll totally ruin it.

A couple of mine are Mistborn and The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. But since Apple bought Mistborn and gave Brandon Sanderson tons of creative control, I'm not so worried anymore.
✦ Responses 1 - 2 of 2 to "What's a book you're worried about them turning into a TV show or movie?" ✦
Fourthyearboy Mephisto · Sep 30, 2026 7:24am
#105
Red Rising series. Love it on paper, but I imagine it would turn out just like Ender's Game; too missing the mark for the emotional tone and internal conflict of the main character and poor portrayal of sci-fi tech/concepts.
!Headmaster Danilo · Oct 2, 2026 3:59pm
#106
I love this book series. I think it really just depends on who makes it. I'm really excited for Brandon Sanderson's stuff on Apple TV.
✦ Leave a Reply ✦

Please log in or create an account to post replies.

✦ Twenty-Two Years of Players ✦

What Players Love About HL

Free forever. No download. Just magic.

Sign Up Free →